Something Personal

Leave a Comment



Weekends are my only free days to do all my errands (and dress up since I work as a nurse now), so I make sure I am comfortable with what I wear (and I wear something that I love, ha-ha) and lately I've been into this: "the plainer, the better" - Normcore, it is.

Before Normcore, there is a notion that to stand out you need to be different. Normcore is a unifying movement that will let everyone blend in without trying hard. Both men and women (yes, it is unisex) can wear the same clothes everyday in the streets, because it opts sameness and anonymity.

It is our old wardrobe staples (plain and printed tees, sweaters, distressed jeans, white socks, sneakers, etc.) that last. They are the ones that actually bring out our individuality and uniqueness. Everyone can wear the same clothes, from head to toe, though I believe that there will still be something that will distinguish one from another, and for me, that is personal style.


Sweater - Aeropostale
Jeans - DIY x Bench
Sneakers - Nike

Photographed by Michael Macalos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.